31. Share behind-the-scenes photos. Candid photos convey the personality behind your brand. Share images that show there are real people behind your logo.
32. Invite a guest to post on your account. If you have connections with an influential Instagrammer, consider asking him or her to guest post on your account. This is a surefire strategy for sending your engagement through the roof; not to mention all the new followers you’ll receive.
33. Share user-generated images. Re-share your follower’s images, especially ones where they’ve mentioned your product(s). This will encourage others to share photos of your products as well.
34. Consider canning the filters. Some research suggests that images with no filters get the most engagement.
35. Promote your Instagram account to your email subscribers. Periodically share an image in your newsletter and link it up to your Instagram account.
36. Promote your Instagram username on your physical marketing materials: signs, car decals, product sheets, etc.
37. Follow all your Facebook friends on Instagram, and many will follow you back. To do this, simply go to your Instagram profile and click on the 3 dots icon on the top right of your screen. Select ‘Find Friends’ and then ‘Find friends on Facebook’.
38. Use edges and structures in your photos. Images with many edges receive 125% more likes than those without.
39. Tell a story. Use your image captions to tell an engaging story. Storytelling helps create an emotional connection to your brand or product, and including a captivating story is much more likely to get your image shared.
40. If you’ve been at a live event and have taken photos, tag well-known Instagrammers for increased visibility and sharing.
Photo Credit: Social Media Explorer
Pick the hack that inspires you and starts putting it to work to grow your Instagram followers in anticipation for my next edition. Kindly share your thought in the comments!