Further to my previous post.
11. Make sure your bio is complete. Include relevant keywords and hashtags, and a link back to your site. Above all, don’t be spammy; this is a guarantee that no one who reads your profile will follow you!
12. Ask questions in the captions of your photos. This is a great way to increase engagement.
13. Post on Sundays: Sundays see the fewest images posted, so posting then may get your images more visibility.
14. Be consistent. Know why you’re posting, and who you’re posting for. Be consistent about how you use the platform and your follower count will grow organically.
15. Use calls to action in your photo captions. Get your followers engaged by asking them to take further action (e.g., “Let me know what you think in the comments”).
16. Don’t be afraid to post often. While you might expect that businesses that post many times a day receive lower overall engagement, research suggests this isn’t the case. According to Union Metrics, there is no relationship between the number of images posted and the engagement received….at least not a negative one.
17. Follow your suggested users. Go into your settings and click the gear icon in the upper right of your screen. Click ‘Find and invite friends’, and then ‘Suggested Users’.
18. Use Piqora to help you see which types of photos are leading to the highest engagement….then post more of them.
19. Use geotagging, especially if you’re a local business. When you geotag your photos, others who post photos in your region will see your images on the location’s page. This is a great way to catch the attention of local users.
20. Use Later to schedule and publish your Instagram posts. Posting consistently is key to growing your follower count over time.
Pick the hack that inspires you and starts putting it to work to grow your Instagram followers in anticipation for my next edition. Kindly share your thought in the comments!